Emergency Carefrom your primary vet

Cat & Dog travel health certificatesFor Chelsea Pets

Whether you’re dreaming of a vacation with your best furry friend or are moving to a different state or country, there’s a lot of preparation to be made for their travel—and that goes beyond getting them an airline-approved crate! Most destinations, and even different states, have specific requirements for animal importation. Without a proper health certificate, your pet could be denied entry and quarantined upon your arrival. At Firefly Veterinary Hospital in Chelsea, our USDA-accredited veterinarians can help you get the cat and dog travel health certificate you need to enjoy your vacation hassle-free or move your whole family smoothly from one place to another.

What is a pet emergency?

If you’re concerned about your pet for any reason whatsoever, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (212) 243-3020 and we’ll do everything we can to help.

  • Traumatic injury, such as being hit by a car
  • Blood in vomit, urine, or stool
  • Vomiting/diarrhea for more than 24 hours
  • Difficulty urinating or defecating
  • Fight or encounter with another dog, cat, or wild animal
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Chronic coughing
  • Bloated abdomen that is hard to the touch
  • Seizures
  • Eye injuries
  • Unable to stand
  • Pressing head against a wall
  • Confusion/disorientation

Some emergencies are pretty obvious, while others are much more subtle. If any of these situations occur, or your pet exhibits any of these symptoms, please contact us or one of our referral 24/7 emergency hospitals.